Thursday, November 22, 2012


More practice in translating 2D to 3D. Concept by Jon Di Venti. Sculpt done primarily in Zbrush with some Maya work.

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Old Man

Today's WIP - Had an hour lying around and started this guy. Still need to finish the beard and a few other details. Can't wait to texture and pose him.

Original concept by:


Saturday, November 3, 2012

WIP - Cute Creature

Here is my latest Work in Progress. I really admire the concepts done at

More practice in converting 2d concepts to 3d.

Done in Zbrush.

WIP - Frogman

Heres another Work in Progress of a Navy Seal Frogman done in Zbrush.

2d to 3d

I really enjoy practicing converting 2d concepts to 3d. Here's another one.

Concept by Jon di Venti

Done in Zbrush.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pisces W.I.P.

Work in progress. Still need to sharpen and clean it up. 

Sculpted based on the original concept (not by me) using this image:

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Coming soon

I graduated this month and have been pretty moving around. I plan on popping out a new sculpt/piece every month. I was planning on every week, but lets be reasonable. I have a lot of side projects and I think I can produce some quality work in that time frame. I'm excited to get back into it. I'll keep you all posted.


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Life studies (graphite)

I haven't posted any drawings in awhile. 

Head studies - W.I.P.

A couple character heads I've been working on. 

Monday, April 16, 2012

Argonian - Colored

Finished coloring today. Still a few more things to tweak, but almost there.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Argonian - WIP

Original concept (left) by Greg at 

Noticed a couple things that need to be tweaked. Larger chest, rounded pec, a couple of the gadgets on the mace arm need to be scaled and moved a little. Should have the final piece up later today.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Traditional Work - Hand

Here is a traditional piece I did of a hand study made out of ceramic clay.

Traditional Work - Skull

So a few months ago I took a bronze casting class and decided to do a skull study. I started out making a clay version of the skull.

Next I took that clay and made a 3-part mold using plaster. Before coating in plaster I covered the skull in vaseline to make sure the clay would part from the plaster (which ended up not working and later being ripped out of the plaster ruining the clay version :( )

Here is the 3 part mold:

After creating the mold I poured in some melted wax and sloshed it around the inside of the mold, and then poured out the extra wax. I would wait for it to cool and then pour some more wax, slosh, empty, repeat. I did this several times. I did this to create a hollow version of the skull so to not waste extra metal when casting.

The resulting wax version of the head was this:

I then took this wax version of the skull and covered it in several layers of slurry (a mixture of sand and a cement like mixture). Sadly I forgot to take a picture of this stage.

After creating the slurry mixture it was then time to pour the molten metal into the mold. After pouring and cooling I broke the mold to reveal the aluminium skull.

Here it is after breaking the mold:

The mass at the bottom is the spout where I poured the metal in. Using a saw and blow torch I removed that part and cleaned up the skull.

Here is the final aluminium skull after clean up:

Monday, April 9, 2012

Tuesday, February 21, 2012